Wow love it!! And so simple too. Who isn’t a pushover for an all white room with a fireplace! Normally we think of white as a bit impractical to live with but this dining space is as usable as it is gorgeous…how come?
- The colour white is used in all right places…on walls ceiling and lighting, while more user friendly darker finishes are reserved to the surfaces that get dirty like the floor and table. The dining chairs are white leather (or vinyl) so can just be wiped down.
- While the trend seems to be towards hard surface chairs, we ALWAYS prefer upholstered chairs…great for 2 hour dinner parties. These manage to be comfy and modern at the same time.
- If you have the space, a table for ten just seems to say “this is a festive house and I have loads of friends”
- Why have one dining pendant when you can have twelve? This room has high ceilings and so can accommodate the look, and by choosing white pendants, they don’t clutter up the space, makes it fun and informal too.
- Whoever thought brick could be so cool. It is affordable and modern, yet textural and inviting. Paint it white and voila!
- Fireplace in the dining room….is there any better way to set the mood? This is quite common in the other parts of the world, and we find almost all our interior design clients here on the Gold Coast are asking for them!
To get this look with Eco Chic, check out their Saratoga solid walnut dining table. Also, they have lots of great pendant lights, but we think the coolest idea is to have us make a bunch of different size custom pendant shades all in white except for one which would be in a great pattern. Then simply buy some basic pendant fittings to hang from the ceiling (which are really affordable) and you have a totally unique look!
Photo by Douglas Friedman