There may not be a lot to this space, but what there is, we LOVE! This is a great example of how a few grand gestures can really make a room. What makes this entry foyer by so dramatic?
- The orange ceiling of course! This brave interior designer has put bright orange grasscloth wallpaper on the ceiling instead of doing the predictable feature wall.
- The contrast – you will never go wrong with a strong black and white theme mixed in with splash of intense colour, and don’t be afraid to mix very dark brown woods with the black, it keeps it rich.
- Bold pattern – The modern fabric on these traditional chairs by Marimekko is both modern and large in scale, but the chairs are relatively small…the combination is unexpected and fun.
- Right size right place – The large mirror and slim furniture is the perfect way to open up the narrow space and make it seem larger.
- Lighting. – Entryways are great place for a statement chandelier. This one does the added job of bridging the gap between the modern and traditional themes of the house.
To get the look, Eco Chic has a range of great grasscloth wallpaper. Their Santa Barbara Console Table has a similar look, but for a really slim console, perfect in a tight space, check out the Console Page They also have some nice big mirrors and for black and white artwork check out Paper Cartel. The Chloe chairs have a striking black and white fabric and are nice and petite, and our interior designers can get them made here on the Gold Coast.