It’s hard to be this hip and not look like you’re a hipster (bad thing these days), but we reckon the interior designer of this living room featured in Cococozy pulled it off, without looking like she was tryign too hard. It is beautifully crisp and has an brave colour scheme, but somehow manages to still feel inviting & homey.
What are the design ingredients that make this room really tick?
- Pick the “volume “of each piece. By this we mean that not every piece of furniture has to make a statement. The comfy sofa is understated with a white slip cover, while the rug and the green ottomans say “Hey you.. Look at me!”
- Dial up the colour in small does. This kelly green would really knock me out en masse, but on the ottomans it is a brilliantly chic counter point to the sunny yellow in the scatter cushions.
- Don’t worry about finding every perfect match. Look at how the rug is not in the same shade of yellow as in the cushions? This makes the space feel like a real home, not a showroom!
- A dash of vintage makes everything better. The mid century modern Eames chair and retro lamp are just enough…any more and we would be terribly bored.
- The wallpaper trend is here to stay (or at least for a bit longer) and we like the very subtle print chosen – really finishes the room off without risk of looking dated in six months.
- Handmade mismatched accent cushions and a blanket draped casually over the sofa…a tried and true look that is always in style and looks effortless.