A classic and timeless room that will never date…it ticks all the boxes – the interior design of this living room is inviting, casual but elegant, comfortable and chic. How does a room manage to look fresh and yet not overly trendy?
- White sofa – If it is humanly possible to pull this off in your own house (I have small children so no go) than a white sofa will ALWAYS make a room look so very chic.
- Bookcases – They add texture and colour all while making you seem so smart and cultured! This one has a dark background which makes it MUCH more interesting and hip than an all white one.
- Pendant lights – they aren’t just for over a dining table. They add warmth and interest to the ceiling, give good light, and this case they are mismatched – one black one white…very cool.
- Mid century modern – Adding a collectible piece like this butterfly chair just seems to add depth and soul to a space. This room successfully mixes pieces from all different design eras.
- The chesterfield – This style sofa in that gorgeous distressed leather is a true classic, comfortable, handsome and always in style. A great counter balance to anchor a light room.
- Eclectic accents – None of the throw pillows match in size or fabric and that keeps the space from feeling too traditional or formal. The books are also arranged in an eclectic atyle, not filling the shelves entirely like a library.
- Neutral colour palette – If you want truly timeless, go for white, black, and natural and then just throw in a few coloured accents as your taste changes.
To Get the Look, start with a traditional sofa in a nice cordovan leather colour and pair it with a casual one like the in soft white hemp or linen. A natural fibre rug like the ones form Armadillo & Co is a great match in style and texture to the one shown. We can make custom pendant light shades in black, white and a number of fabrics including your own! Cant do a built in bookshelf in your space? Check out our Eco Chic’s selection of freestanding bookcases. Finally, check out their accent cushions to complete the look…give us a call if you need an interior designer to help you put together a funky furniture package. We are always here to help!